Sunday, September 18, 2011

Unstoppable.

It's getting closer....

What a lazy weekend! Friday night I crashed with a major migraine, slept half the day on Saturday and today... well, took the beastly dog to get shaved. He pretty much looks like a hairless dog now! He's just laying here shivering - I take it he may be a little cold! Oh, and I downloaded the new Lady Antebellum CD - it's a goody :) I love music for its ability to speak to my soul, and writing, for its ability to express my emotions. I find them both very cathartic. 
 
So, 4 more days until my surgery. The closer it gets the more anxiety and fear sets in. Truth is when all the medical stuff is done, it's still not over for my spirit and mind. I'm definitely not going to let this cancer define who I am! Yep, I have my weak moments (mostly in the shower when no one is around or on my long drives home from work) I know I can have all my feelings; AFRAID, or ANGRY - I can feel whatever I want to feel and it's OK. I'm not gonna let cancer be my life - it's just a small part of it and the sun's gonna come up tomorrow. This is my life. I'm gonna do what I love and I'm gonna do it often. If I don't like something, I'm gonna change it. If I don't like my job, I'm gonna quit. If I don't have enough time - I'm gonna stop watching TV. The love of my life will be waiting for me when I start doing things I love. I got to stop analyzing. ALL emotions are beautiful. When I eat, I appreciate every last bite. Life is simple. I'm gonna open my mind, arms and heart to new things and people, we are united in our differences. I want to share my inspiring dreams. I want to travel often - getting lost will help me find myself. I know some opportunities only come once - I want to seize them. Life is about the people you meet, and the things you create with them. LIVE IS SHORT. I'm gonna live my dream and wear my passion! Faith, Hope, Strength, Love and Pray. Cancer can kiss my ass because I AM unstoppable in my hope and strength. 
 
 XOXO - Melanoma Diva
 

3 comments:

Loren said...

Beautifully said. :)

Anonymous said...

Completely perfectly said. Those are awesome words to live by and a song choice that could NOT have been better!! Hugs and prayers - Tracy (mm group)

Anonymous said...

Well said. I'm praying for you.
Carrie (mm group)

Post a Comment