Saturday, September 10, 2011

Blessed Beyond Measure.

... and counting
 
 
Today was a great day  - FINALLY! My cancer did not enter my mind one time today, only tonight as I compose this post. Since finding out I have Malignant Melanoma my mind has been so clouded with constant thoughts of why me, what about my family and all the things in life I still have to accomplish. Not today Cancer - I kicked your ass out of my thoughts!
 
My oldest son, Andrew, turned 21 today. WOW! It's hard to believe he is 21, I can still remember swaddling him in my arms as if it was yesterday! Now, he's about to become a daddy (real soon) - time just seems to fly by. 
 
We had a baby shower today for Andrew and Corey at a local park - the day turned out to be so beautiful, not too hot and not too cold... just perfect for an outside celebration. Several friends from my work and also a couple long time BFF's came to show their support - it was so great to have everyone there. I am truly blessed to have such caring and wonderful friends. These ladies ROCK! 
 
Brooklyn and her BF Jordan came in from college for the baby shower. It was so nice to have all three kiddos together and supporting one another (rare occasion). I must say Lil Miss Adalyn Reese is already spoiled before shes even here... I'm so excited:) 
 
As I sit here typing this post and reflecting back on today, I am so thankful for being able to spend time with family and good friends. Life is so hectic and crazy at times but we must slow down long enough to enjoy the simple things in life and most of all our families and the ones we love. 
 
Blessed Beyond Measure...
XOXO - Melanoma Diva
 



0 comments:

Post a Comment