Thursday, September 8, 2011

I've got designer bags under my eyes

More long days...

I am so beyond tired... I have a new found respect for parents of physically handicap children! I feel like I have been working 3 shifts daily! I can't wait until October 6th - hopefully lil man will have the dreaded cast removed and fitted for a walking boot. Bless his heart, he's had such an awesome attitude considering all his limitations. (He even received the "Most Outstanding Attitude" award at school last Friday)! This afternoon I had the windows open and he could hear the other kids playing outside, he just sat in front of the door with such a sad gloomy face wishing he could play. This tears my heart up and makes my anger brew even more over the entire situation. So, I decided to take him for a mile and half walk in the wheelchair, buster went too. Once we got outside his friends ran up asking if they could walk too - it was so nice to see him smile.

Today was my half day at work, a much needed break for time to myself indeed. I came home and took a power nap before picking up lil man. I'm starting to think I need some major lab work to see if there's any etiology to my complete bust ass tiredness! I keep telling myself it's just all the stress of worrying about my future compounded by lil man's injury. I'm gonna keep telling myself that! But right now - I feel like this drained, wiped out tree!


On the happy side of things (yes, believe it or not there is some happiness) my first born grandchild is close to entering the world:) I'm so excited to finally meet her, just to hold her in my arms and kiss her sweet little forehead - it's a feeling of anticipation I can't express into words. I'm so anxious just to see what she looks like! I've had numerous dreams lately that lil miss Adalyn is going to have auburn hair and the biggest brown eyes:) So, momma let me know earlier she has been having some cramps and the doctor said if they continue, she needs to go to the hospital to be checked. She's 37 weeks. Momma is nervous but excited and my son says he's not nervous one bit... hmm, we'll see! Life as they know it is getting ready to change!

I will end this post with a text I received today. I was sitting at my desk when I received a random text from my beautiful daughter:
 
So I know you don't hear it very often but I think you are the most amazing woman I know, and I hope when I'm older (much older) I only hope I can be the mother for my kids as you are for us! I love you so much and will ALWAYS be here for you through everything! And I know everything is going to be OK because we have been through hell and back and there's nothing this family can't handle. We've been sent death warnings before (gas leak, creepy guys on nightly walks and freak almost car accidents) and nothing has stopped us yet and Cancer definitely isn't going to either! Just wanted to tell you I love you and I hope you have a wonderful day!
 

Pretty friggin sweet, huh?!

A lot of times we just assume people in our lives know how we feel about them without ever saying a word... We are human beings that need to hear how much we are loved and appreciated. Life is so unpredictable, share your love and feelings now because holding out may make you miss out on possibly the best times of your life. We aren't guaranteed tomorrow, live your life with no regrets because you can't get back yesterday.

XOXO - Melanoma Diva



0 comments:

Post a Comment