Monday, August 29, 2011

Got Stress?

I guess you can say the day started out bad with me leaving about 30 minutes late this morning for work... I feel like my life has been turned upside down these last few weeks - hell, that's an understatement! First with my diagnosis and playing the "waiting" game then with my 6 yr old breaking his tibia, now he's in a full leg cast and only mobile via wheelchair - which yep you guessed it ... he depends on us for everything! (another understatement). I keep reminding myself this is a temporary situation... Still, my stress level is through the roof!

We had "Open House" at my lil' guy's school this evening, it's a major undertaking just to get him from point A to point B, I like to be a little early if not on time to where I'm going - I HATE feeling rushed and most of all I hate waiting on someone else (no names mentioned) that has no comprehension of time. But we did make it on time and had a really good discussion with his teacher. He's handling his broken leg better than I think I ever could! Also, his school has been so accommodating to him, what a blessing!

I figured out today I have most likely developed an allergy to latex or adhesive on bandages. I removed the nifty lil band-aid from lesion #2 removal yesterday morning due to SEVERE itching and burning, I went all day without anything on the area... woke up this morning with the red band-aid marks still visible and several tiny blisters between my "sisters" where the bandage extended, still very itchy. Dr. E says he believes I may have developed an allergy to latex. I know my mother is allergic to latex so it's possible, better yet, at this point, anything is possible!

As I sit here tonight ready to claw my skin away (hydro-cortisone is not helping), I just happened to notice a tiny mole near the underside of one of my "sisters", it looks a little suspicious to me (redness on the borders), I'm thinking I better let Dr. E take a peek at it in the morning just to be on the safe side. I'm not letting anything get past me these days!

When will the rainfall of shitty news stop?! I'm so done with August! I'm hoping September will be full of good news, maybe even a lottery win! Hey, a girl can dream, right?!

I'll leave you with a pic of really how I feel at this point!

XOXO, Melanoma Diva


0 comments:

Post a Comment