Sunday, October 30, 2011

Life. Ever-changing.

Wow,  where the hell have I been - some have been asking.... I apologize for being "lazy" on my blog posts... LIFE has been busy! 
Most of you that follow my blog know that my first g-baby was born September 27th... with that being said this Mimi has been trying to spend every moment of downtime with my sweet lil Addie:)

Just look at that beautiful little face up there:)

Addie stayed with Mimi for her first all-nigher Friday. I enjoyed every second with her. She's such a good baby (only got up once at 1:30 AM then slept til 8:50 AM). She just got here and she's already awesome!

Recently I had a 5 day vacation... Did I go anywhere??? Hell NO! I was home sick! It never fails, when I get some time off work something always happens (usually that 'something' is never good). Being exposed to all the nasty germs at work finally caught up to me and I ended up being down for several days. I'm still not 100% but I'm much better. I just hope Menza doesn't turn up sick.

Menza finally busted free from his cast and he is up moving around and finally playing outside with other kids - things are getting back to normal for him. He gained about 10 pounds sitting in that blasted wheelchair for 2 months (it's amazing what not moving does to a body), I expect those pounds to shed fairly quickly now that he is up and moving. I got his report card last week and I couldn't have been any prouder:) That boy of mine is pretty damn amazing:) His reading and math skills are through the roof and not to mention his weekly spelling tests that he passes like he's in a nascar passing a road wagon! The other morning I was getting ready for work and he was reading me a 64 page book - I loved it! I love hearing him read and sounding out new words. He also has an amazing drawing ability - check out this bird he drew for the doc I work for (he's (the doc) into birds - majorly) 

Pretty impressive, huh?!

He keeps life interesting and enjoyable. I can't imagine a day passing without him in it. I love that boy:)

Here lately I have really been missing this beautiful girl.... my sidekick, my best friend --> My daughter


College keeps Miss Brooklyn busy... She's working hard; long study days, classes and also holding down a job, oh and lets not forget active in Gamma Phi Beta and finding time to spend with her super BF Jordan:) We all feel a little neglected at times (Jordan too) but we all realize its only temporary, she's doing what she has to for the moment, she's enjoying life and preparing herself for the 'real world'.... Momma's proud Lil' Diva:) Come see me soon!

Life is full of twists, turns, ups and downs... things that matter - things that don't, job, family, friends... I can go on and on - I wish there were more than 24 hours in a day sometimes just so I can do everything I want / need to do! One thing is certain no matter what - your family and true friends will always be there waiting for just that split second you may have for them at the end of the day. 

Recently I had a 'friend' belittle me, talk incredibly rude to me and accuse me of posting derogatory things about them ... Really? Last time I checked I was 38 not 15 and what made this person think I had the time or that my world revolved around degrading them??? Just because shit splatters in your life don't point your finger my way! Let's see, in the past 3 months I was told I have cancer, my boy broke his leg, I had surgery, I kicked cancer's ass, I kept my job rolling without falling behind and I maintained my family.... I don't have time for the drama bus! There comes a time in your life when you have to let go of all the pointless drama & the people that create it & surround yourself with the people who make you laugh so hard that you forget the bad and focus solely on the good. After all, life is too short to be anything but happy!

I'm gonna end this incredibly long post with some thoughts: I think from time to time we should all look at the words that we use to describe us and decide if we like them. One thing I have learned from this fucked up cancer experience is that life changes every day. It changes without our permission, but we also have the opportunity to craft and define the changes we want to make. I realize that we cannot change everything. If I had to choose words that best defines me:  inspired, humbled, happy, strong, determined optimistic and thriving. A new word I have added is cautious - I have discovered that the fight against melanoma is not over. I may have dodged a bullet, but I have to stay vigilant my entire life and so I look at this as a journey to recovery and an opportunity to share my story and help educate people on the risks of developing melanoma - after all, Melanoma is the reason I'm sharing my life with you on this boring ass blog:)




XOXO - Melanoma Diva


0 comments:

Post a Comment